Saturday, November 9, 2013

DIY Draino


Every kitchen or bathroom sink gets clogged some time in its life. Well, this time it was ours. Not only did I not feel like going to the store, but I also didn't have $7+ dollars to spend on Draino. So I decided to make my own! All you need is vinegar and baking soda and you're all set.

It's simple, really. Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda into your sink. Then, follow it with 1 cup of vinegar and cap off the awesomeee chemical reaction with your sink plug do-hickey and hear your drain unclog! I chased it with a lot of boiling hot water after about 5 or 10 minutes. If you choose to do this, make sure you dump the whole pot in the sink relatively fast so the water is forced to push anything left over.

(**Tip: if it didn't work the first time, wait a little while and try again.**)

I don't know about you, but this process was SO much fun to me! I felt like I needed safety goggles and a lab coat! Happy Plumming, everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment