Friday, November 8, 2013

No-Sew Pillow Cover (Tutorial)

If you couldn't tell from the previous post, I would prefer to stay as far away from the sewing machine as possible.

When I decided to recover all if those crazy pillows, I knew I wanted Chevron and knotted pillows. Well, I got my knotted, now for the Chevron.


Just like the knotted pillows, all you need is your fabric and some handy dandy hot glue.

First, measure the fabric to double it's height, plus a few inches. With the width, just add a few inches. Place your pillow on the fabric like this:

Once you have it in place, start folding in the sides an inch or so and use hot glue to tack.
I started with the top/bottom of the pillow, then did a side, then the opposite of the top/bottom then the side again.

I put my pillow in and start gluing the folded sides together.

I started gluing the sides first because I had minimal fabric for this pillow by its width and more on its height. But, you can glue however you want.

Now, the way I did it doesn't give a "bottom seam". If you want a "bottom seam", l you have to do is give yourself a few more inches on the height and glue about a half inch to an inch and hot glue the fabric together.

And there you have it! A no-sew pillow cover! And with the extra fabric I had left over from the knot pillows and the chevron pillows, I spruced up my storage cubical!

No comments:

Post a Comment